Monday, August 01, 2016

Open Letter to Isaac Irungu

Allow me to join the melee for a moment, since my non-participation in some forums has been of concern to some. I will just pen an open letter to my brother Isaac. Kufungua moyo in my own way, since you threw down the gauntlet. This challenge is well received since I did indeed air my opinions on your planned demonstration. I have to say my concern was for the SOS children in the facilities who are still dependants of SOS. As for those of us over 18 years, we are legally adults and our orphan status becomes a challenge we overcame and not a status we fall back in when we feel overwhelmed by life’s challenges. I understand some may have a problem with my stance, but in our interactions with SOS need to be tempered since we need to give our younger siblings as much chance as we got to make something of their lives. So here we go.


My Dear Brother Isaac,

Thank you for ousting me in such an unceremonious manner. It must befuddle you that not all of us wish to do our work in the spotlight. Knowing how much you crave for people’s attention and approval. It is not that I am not proud of my work. Far from it, I just wanted the anonymity for a balanced discourse. The manner in which you ousted me was frankly insulting, with your claims of my sister being paid by management, and of me being her foot solder. The truth is my sister is an awesome woman, and a good role model in my opinion. She is accomplished and respected. You Isaac, on the other hand cannot hold a candle up to her; even with a ten-year head start. So yes, I would gladly be her foot solder because I know she is a capable leader. As for the money exchanging hands we all know who engages in those tactics. Didn’t you pay off your siblings once to discredit your sister’s claims? I’ll leave it at that.

I called you an assumed leader because you found a weakness and exploited it. You are determined to lead by tooth and nail. You will even go to the extent of calling yourself youth when the cutoff age for youth disqualifies you. Check the UNESCO website; “The UN, for statistical consistency across regions, defines 'youth', as those persons between the ages of 15 and 24 years” so my brother this disqualifies you outright from making such claims. Your peers refuse to let you lead them and that makes you furious. It is the reason you refuse to use the established body for Senior SOS members SOBGA which is recognized and has a charter in place to address issues that are of concern in our community. You prefer to run your show through a fractured faction of ex-SOS who let you run amok, claiming to represent us all. I refuse to let you give the impression that your views and decisions on issues represent us all.

I will let you in on the reasons why you have continuously been rejected as a leader by your peers.  You are not a bad person; your heart is in the right place. After all, we all want what’s best for SOS. In your case however, your problem solving skills are wanting and in need of improvement. Another thing not working for you is, you just have a bad relationship with other people’s money (unpaid loans), you are the first to throw stones on misappropriation of funds but forget you have the same sins (KShs 20,000 welfare money you need to pay up, misplaced grant money), you have no ability to resolve issues diplomatically, you are not ready to reason with anyone who opposes your view, and you lack good judgment. That is why I reject you as a leader. You may feel like you have a following, but eventually the mask will fall and their eyes will open and you will be seen for who you are.

I would also like to request you to cease and desist from using the name of SOS youth to solicit funds from people in the name of creating employment opportunities and/or businesses that will purportedly help the youth be self sufficient. Case in point being the grant you received from SOS, please explain to your ardent supporters how you used their name to get a grant from SOS KDI to boost your business with the claim that you will employ SOS youth. To date you have not done as you promised and have not given feedback on how you implemented the project. I believe you keep records for all these transactions and can provide a good report if needed. I honestly believe your reluctance to work with SOS KDI fraud department stemmed from your previous dealings with them, and your inability to account for the grant money.

Please do not take this as an invitation to engage in words. It is mentally exhausting for me to engage with you. You do not pay heed to reason, you are unable to engage in a meaningful discourse, and are so full of your own self-worth. You remind me of real estate values in Nairobi, so over-valued. Unfortunately, you also happen to be the price-fixer in this case. However, if you decide to engage, I feel no compulsion to reply to you. So you go ahead and do you anyway, if that will help you achieve your zen.

Peace,


Njeri

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ghoosh so much happens?